Friday, August 12, 2011

Home Improvement + Photos from 5 year anniversary

I had the day off today (since I work the weekend) and after visiting homearama a few weeks ago I had been thinking about sprucing up the house a bit.  I naturally turn to painting 1) because almost every wall in our house is a neutral tan color, and 2) because paint is easy, cheap and if you don't like it you can always paint over it!

First C and I made a trip or two to Home Depot for paint samples and then once we narrowed it down to a color we went back and a purchased small sample of that color and painted a block on the wall.


C was quite helpful with picking out a color!!
Next we have before photos, including the "tester" block of new color I painted on the wall.


And lastly we have the finished product.  While C helped quite a bit in the planning phase, he definitely did not help me paint, in fact I spent most of the day painting while he slept and then trying desperately to keep him away from the wall while he was awake!
Finished Product
After painting the front wall I think I will probably paint the neighboring wall seen in this photo as well.


From another angle:

Overall I am really happy with it, and even happier that I was able to completely finish the wall on my day off, during the two hours C was sleeping!

Also, given that Tony and I have been married for 5 years (as of July 21st) I thought I would post a few pics from our wonderful vacation we took to Mexico.  We had a great time, and even got bumped up to first class on our way to and from Mexico!! Can't believe we have already been married 5 years!  Love you babe!

 The view from our room.



Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a productive day off. Can you bottle some of your energy for me? ;) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete